If your dream holiday is a perfect mix of relaxing on the beach and tours to discover cities and archaeological sites, then Sicily is the place for you.
Known for its incomparable nature reserves, magnificent baroque churches and typical local dishes, Sicily is so large and with so many places worth seeing that it is a good idea to decide which area you want to visit. We propose five short tours of Sicily’s main towns, nature parks and most beautiful beaches:
- Val di Noto: the heart of baroque Sicily with the breathtaking architectural beauty of towns like Ragusa, Ragusa Ibla, Noto, Modica and Scicli
- Catania and the surrounding area: one of Sicily’s liveliest cities, Catania has plenty of baroque monuments too but is also a hive of exhibitions, concerts and events in general. It is strategically located for visiting Etna National Park and plan a trip to Taormina, one of Sicily’s most important tourist centres, mostly famous for the Greek Theatre
- Palermo, Capital of Culture 2018: certainly the richest city in terms of historical and artistic heritage
- Agrigento and the surrounding area: The Valley of the Temples that overlooks the city is a fascinating archaeological site where you can admire 12 Greek temples in perfect condition. It has been a UNESCO site since 1997
- Trapani and the salt road: with its traditional windmills and salt pans, the salt road is located on the coastline that connects Trapani and Marsala. In the area of Trapani we reccomand visiting Erice, San Vito lo Capo and the Zingaro natural reserve