Modern and comfortable 99 sq.m. apartment on the fourth (and last) floor of a typical building serviced by elevator, located in the heart of Brussels’ European District.
The apartment is located inside the Patriotes Halldis residence, which comprises 16 apartments distributed on 4 floors. The distinctive and charming building is a single structure overlooking two streets, Rue Patriotes and Rue Bordiau. The single entrance from Rue Patriotes features security camera, intercom system connected to each apartment, dedicated mailbox and safety deposit boxes with code-protected opening to deposit keys.
Being converted from an attic, this apartment features unique spaces, yielding a cozy environment and a quiet and peaceful atmosphere. The 2-bedroom loft apartment opens onto a large and bright living room overlooking Rue Bordiau, furnished with a round glass table for 6 people, flat screen TV with digital decoder and stereo with CD player. The 3/4 seater sofa can convert into a sofa bed (59 in x 78 in). The stand-aside kitchenette overlooks the building’s inner courtyard and is equipped with 4 gas hobs, extractor hood, microwave oven (combo-oven function), electric kettle, coffee machine, toaster, dishwasher and refrigerator with small freezer.
The sleeping area, separated from the living room and kitchen, consists of a bedroom on the same level (overlooking the building’s inner courtyard) furnished a Queen-size bed (62 in x 78 in), wardrobe and small master bathroom with shower stall and separate toilet room. The second bedroom is located upstairs (the loft is 9 ft high), overlooks Rue Bordiau and is furnished with a Queen-size bed (62 in x 78 in), low wardrobe carved into the roof space, private bathroom with tub and shower curtain, sink and toilet.
The apartment has Wi-Fi.
Moreover, each apartment is equipped with cleaning tools, including vacuum cleaners.
**A city tourist tax will be applied. Cost per night: 8€.
- All windows of the bedrooms feature a double curtain - white and darkening, or just darkening.
- Customers can also use free of charge the floor laundry room - equipped with washing machines and dryers. The floor is accessible through stairs;
- Despite the presence of an elevator, the apartment is not suitable for guests requiring the use of wheelchair, due to some of the building’s architectural barriers;
- Access and presence of pets must be assessed and authorized by Halldis staff;
- It is strictly forbidden to smoke inside the apartments. The condominium features smoking areas properly marked by signage.
The building is located in the heart of the European district, in an area that is exclusively residential:
- a 10-minute walk from Place Schuman, where the main buildings of the European Commission and the Council of Europe are located;
- a 15-minute walk from Place de Luxembourg, where the European Parliament is housed;
- a 3-minute walk from Rue Franklin and Rue Archimede, where restaurants, bars and cafes abound;
- a 2-minutes walk from the Place des Chasseurs, with its charming farmers’ market, which takes place every Friday, and bars and restaurants serving as gathering places for cocktails and dinner for young people in Brussels;
- a 1 minute walk from the neighborhood’s green area, featuring Square Marguerite, with its outdoor basketball court; Square Ambiorix, elegant and very popular among joggers during lunchtime or in the evening, and, finally, Square Marie-Louise, with its beautiful pond.
AMENITIES IN THE AREA:
Worthy of note is a mini market 10 meters from the building (opened every day except Saturday) which sells food, fruit and vegetables, tobacco and alcohol. The nearest supermarket is located at Place des Chasseurs; a very short walk from the building there is also a pharmacy opened every day except Sundays.
The residence is located 100 meters from bus stop 63 (Central Railway station terminal), perfect for reaching both the station and Brussels’ historic center, while from Place Schuman (about 800 meters from the building) depart busses headed to the city’s National Airport (Zaventem).
The Place Schuman metro station (lines 1 and 5) connects this area to the city center.
In the condominium area, including Rue des Patriotes, it is possible to park for free. You can stay as long as you want, but every 2 hours you should update the disc in the car. If you put the disc at 3 pm, it means you can stay for free till 5 pm. Then at 5 you should go and update the disc starting from 5 pm in order to stay till 7 pm, from 7 pm to 8 am and on Sunday no disc is required.
There are no traffic restrictions in the area, you can circulate freely from Monday to Sunday all over the area.