Spacious apartment of 70 sqm with a bedroom, a kitchen and a living room, completely renovated in 2015. It is located in a historic building in Art Nouveau style dating back to the early '900 with sculptures adorning the façade. The apartment is ideal for both business travellers and for a short pleasure holiday, due to its location in an area full of services and well connected to the city centre.
The apartment opens onto a long hallway with cupboards leading to the different environments:
- A comfortable living room with two sofa beds (140 cm), TV Samsung 46 '', a table and a balcony overlooking Piazzale Bacone.
- a kitchen, complete with all appliances (oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge and freezer, kettle, dishes) and a dining table for six people.
- a bedroom furnished with a double bed (a closet can be found in the hallway), overlooking the inner courtyard
- a bathroom with shower and a utility room complete with washing machine
The floor is made of Kerlite (cotto d'Este) in all environments except the living room, which is covered in parquet.
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL PRICE:
- Bed linen and towels
- Final cleaning
- Average gas, water, heating and electricity consumption
- Welcome service
- Emergency maintenance
- Administrative charges (tourist tax excluded)
Guests are required to pay the city tax, which is not included in the displayed price: it amounts to 2.00 € per person/per night, for a maximum of 14 nights.
The area of Piazzale Bacone and Via Morgagni is a nice context of valuable buildings in Art Nouveau style from the early '900.
The area is rich in restaurants and bars, while Corso Buenos Aires, the famous shopping street, is about 100 meters away, thus easily reachable. A short distance from the apartment there are Montanelli Park and the Gardens of Porta Venezia - the biggest green area in the city centre - including the renovated Museum of Natural History, the Planetarium and a large jogging-area and children playground.
In less than 15 minutes on foot, along Via Scarlatti, you can get to the Central Station.
The Polytechnic of Milan is one kilometre away.
Cycling fans can enjoy the bike paths under in the neighbourhood to ride safely up to the area of Porta Nuova, home of the famous Unicredit skyscrapers and Bosco Verticale (the “Vertical Forest”), and from the centre to the Sforza Castle.
In Piazzale Bacone and in the nearby streets there are many shops, including two supermarkets (one just below the house), a deli-shop (El Pastee), bakeries, banks, pharmacies, hairdressers, and tobacco-shop. On Tuesday and Saturday mornings, the nearby Via Benedetto Marcello is home to the municipal street market.
Corso Buenos Aires offers a rich choice of clothing and footwear stores (including Zara, Geox, Desigual, Vergelio, Promod Liu Jo, Levi's, Calvin Klein), bookstores (Feltrinelli), technology malls, ice cream-shop (Grom).
Not far from the apartment there are several restaurants, offering both Italian (e.g. Skuisito for fish dishes, La Piccola Ischia and Spontini for pizza) and international cuisine (try the sushi at Poporoya). For some local aperitif visit the traditional Bar Basso or Brasserie Brussels.
For recreation, just a few minutes’ walk, you can find a children playground, the Bacone swimming pool and Cinema Plinius.
The apartment is well served by public transport:
- Metro Lima (red line), which in 4 stops leads to Duomo and it connects directly to line leading to Rho Fiera.
- Metro Porta Venezia (red line)
- Metro Loreto (green and red lines)
- Bus No.60 to the Central Station or in Piazza San Babila
- Bus No. 81 to Central Station or Lambrate railway station
- Bus No. 92 (city line)
Parking is available on the street, with charge every day from 8.00 to 19.00 (within blue lines).